Easter Reading and Videos




On behalf of the Littleton Colorado Stake Presidency:
Easter Week: Palm Sunday
Jesus’ Triumphal Entry

Prophecy:  “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem:  behold, thy King cometh unto thee:  he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.” 
Zechariah 9:9 (about 520 B.C.)

Scripture Reading:


The Lord's Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem Video



Symbolism of Palm Branches:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_branch_(symbol)
https://www.lds.org/friend/1996/03/palms-for-the-lord?lang=eng

 Meaning of the Word Hosanna:
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bd/hosanna?lang=eng&letter=h

Easter Week: Monday
Cleansing the Temple
Prophecy:  “Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.”
Isaiah 56:7 (about 700 B.C.)

Scripture Reading:

Video Link:
(This video is about the first cleansing of the temple; the second cleansing was likely similar.)

Temple of Herod:
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bd/temple-of-herod?lang=eng&letter=t

Easter Week: Tuesday
Parables and Teachings
Prophecy:  “I will open my mouth in a parable:  I will utter dark sayings of old.”
Psalms 78:2

Scripture Reading:

Video Links:Christ’s Authority Is Questioned; The Parable of the Two Sons


Render Unto Caesar and Unto God



The Greatest Commandment



Jesus Teaches About the Widow’s Mites





Easter Week: Wednesday
More Parables, Anointing, and Betrayal

Prophecy: 
“And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear.  So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.”
Zechariah 11:12 (about 520 B.C.)

Exodus 21:32 (30 shekels is the price of a slave)

Scripture Reading:
Anointing

Betrayal

Video Links:
Parable of the Ten Virgins



Parable of the Talents



Ye Have Done it Unto Me



Easter Week: Thursday
The Last Supper, Intercessory Prayer and Agony of Gethsemane

Prophecy: 
“Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.”
Isaiah 53:4 (about 700 B.C.)

Scripture Reading:

Video Links:
The Last Supper



Jesus Warns Peter and Offers the Intercessory Prayer



The Savior Suffers in Gethsemane



Jesus Tried by Caiaphas, Peter Denies Knowing Christ



Easter Week: Friday
Jesus’ Trial, Crucifixion and Burial

Prophecies: 
“He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth:  he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.”
Isaiah 53:7 (about 700 B.C.)

“I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off my hair:  I hid not my face from shame and spitting.”
Isaiah 50:6 (about 700 B.C.)

“For dogs have compassed me:  the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me:  they pierced my hands and my feet.”
Psalms 22:16

“My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?  Why are thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?”
Psalms 22:1

“He keepeth all his bones:  not one of them is broken.”
Psalms 34:20

Scripture Reading:

Video Links:
Jesus Is Condemned Before Pilate



Jesus Is Scourged and Crucified



Jesus Is Laid in a Tomb



Easter Week: Saturday
The Jewish Sabbath
Prophecy:  “Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice:  and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.”
John 16:20 (at the Last Supper)

Scripture Reading:

Video:
To This End Was I Born



Easter Sunday
Jesus’ Resurrection and Appearances
Prophecy:  “He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth:  for the Lord hath spoken it.”
Isaiah 25:8 (about 700 B.C.)

Scripture Reading:

Videos:
Jesus Is Resurrected


He Is Risen



Christ Appears on the Road to Emmaus



The Risen Lord Jesus Christ Appears to the Apostles

 



Comments