Eternal Truths Series February - Christ is our Advocate



 An image of Christ and Mary at the tomb, combined with a quote by Elder David A. Bednar: “One of the … purposes of our mortal existence is to be spiritually changed … through the Atonement.”
Christ is our Advocate:  Through His experience in the atonement, Christ understands us completely and is our greatest advocate. His focus is to reconcile and connect us to God. Whereas Satan is our accuser who wants to separate us from God's love.

Scriptures on Advocate:

D&C 45:3

Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him— 

D&C 32:3

And Ziba Peterson also shall go with them; and I myself will go with them and be in their midst; and I am their advocate with the Father, and nothing shall prevail against them. 

1 John 2

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 

D&C 29:5

Lift up your hearts and be glad, for I am in your midst, and am your advocate with the Father; and it is his good will to give you the kingdom. 

D&C 110:4

I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father. 

D&C 62:1

Behold, and hearken, O ye elders of my church, saith the Lord your God, even Jesus Christ, your advocate, who knoweth the weakness of man and how to succor them who are tempted.

How can we follow the Advocate? Resist the voice of the Accuser, and hearken to Christ’s uplifting, hopeful voice. Gain awareness and ask, “Am I an advocate or an accuser in my thoughts and words about myself and others?”

Comments